2. Checking the tire inflation is very important. Tires, which are under-inflated, result in loss of fuel efficiency. This is one cheap form of safety and preventive maintenance. Check the tires every month. Especially during the winter months, with the drop of temperature, will effect your PSI in your tires.
3. Check all the fluids that include power steering, brake, antifreeze and wind shield washer solvent and trans-axle/transmission, since these fluids ensure safety and good performance of a vehicle and are an important measure of taking care of your vehicle.
4. Since a restricted fuel injector/polluted spark plug reduces the efficiency of fuel by 30%, an auto mobile owner has to be cautious while tuning up the engine.
5. Clean the battery posts and cables when needed and check the same for corrosion. Besides, check battery fluids and fill them if low except for batteries that are maintenance-free.
6. Inspect engine belts always since worn belts are likely to affect performance of the engine. See if these belts have developed any cracks and try fixing the problem.
7. Lubricate the chassis often, since it extends life of engine components.
8. Check the lighting system including turn signals, tail-lights, brake and headlights.
9. Auto mobile owners need to check washer blades of the wind shield for tears and cracks and replace them once a year.
10. Always check for air filtration system in the engine. Owners need to do this at every oil change for confirming if there is any damage or clogging. It ensures better functioning of the vehicle.
11. Always keep the user manual handy. No matter whether the engine is minor or major, the moment it gives any problem, owners may refer the same for fixing temporary problems before taking the vehicle to a qualified technician.
RJ PICKUP SERVICE
241A Main Street North
Uxbridge, Ontario L9P 1C3
We're driving towards a cure with every car we service